Conquering the Energy Code Course: Residential
ENERGY CODE TRAINING FOR ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERS
MASTER THE NEW YORK STATE ENERGY CODE!
Conquering the Energy Code prepares architects and engineers to comply with the many new requirements in the 2015 NYS Energy Conservation Construction Code and design more energy-efficient buildings in the process.
In an era of more stringent code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects.
“One of the best, most dynamic, and informed presentations of all my C.E. courses."
"For a subject that could be very dry, it was engaging, informative and effective."
There are two course modules—Commercial and Residential. By the end of each 8-hour class, participants will:
- Understand the structure and rationale behind the energy code, and know how to navigate it;
- Be able to differentiate the various compliance pathways and understand the requirements for compliance;
- Understand the interdependence of the building envelope, mechanical and lighting systems and their impacts on energy consumption;
- Know what to expect at progress inspections;
- Sharpen communications and coordination with clients, the design team, code officials and the construction team to remove barriers to compliance.
Note: Any building four or more stories tall must comply with the commercial energy code.
**Conquering the Energy Code qualifies for 7 AIA Health, Safety and Welfare learning units (HSW/LUs), 7 Green Building Certification Institute credits (GBCI), 7 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and 7 Code Enforcement Official credits (CEO). Please note, due to Dept. of State requirements, CEO credits must be requested at least 30-days prior to the course date. Email us for more information.
Each Conquering the Energy Code course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of high-performance building practices.
For any questions about Conquering the Code, please email the Energy Code Training Team at Urban Green Council!
Thank you to our partners