Please CLICK HERE for the Long Island Mobility Week Website.
Long Island villages, towns, cities and counties and other organizations are invited to showcase their commitment to clean and sustainable transportation options by hosting and/or participating in the various events being held across Long Island.
Long Island Mobility Week is the perfect opportunity to test out new forms of clean mobility, take stock of current transportation challenges, and make progress toward more sustainable transportation for Long Island.
Following is a tentative list of events taking place across Long Island during this year's Long Island Mobility Week. More details coming soon!
Sat, Sept 14
Bike Parade and Pedestrian Safety Walk
- Organized by LI Transportation Alliance and Pedestrian Safety Campaign.
- Participants in the bike parade should congregate at 11:30am at Denton Green Park for a noon start.
- The walk will begin shortly thereafter.
11:30am at the Denton Green Park Hempstead
Sun, Sept 15 2019
8th Annual Drive Electric Show and Drive
- Organized and presented by the Sierra Club.
- See inside and out of many all-electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles
- Take a ride in or drive one or more of the vehicles.
- For more information, visit https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=2030
11am-5pm- (raindate 9/29)
Tanner Park Senior Citizen Center (Town of Babylon) Copaigue
Mon, Sept 16 2019
The Electric Vehicle Transformation: Municipalities and EVs on Long Island
- Discussion on the ways that Long Island municipalities are leading in the proliferation of electric vehicles and critical next steps.
- The discussion will be followed by an opportunity to network with others working on these issues at a local and statewide level.
- Hosted by NY Environmental Advocates & Long Island Progressive Coalition
- RSVP at bit.ly/longislandEV
10- 12:00pm at The Sustainability Institute at Molloy College
Tues, Sept 17 2019
LI Mobility Week/ Car Free Day LI Rally
11:00am- 12pm at Farmingdale State College
Wed, Sept 18 2019
Transportation Innovations Symposium & NYMTC Shared Mobility Public Workshop
- Hosted by US Green Building Council - LI Sustainable Transportation Committee, Suffolk County Community College and NY Metropolitan Transportation Council (NYMTC)
- Learn about innovative transportation projects on Long Island and nationwide that are expanding mobility options and providing more sustainable transportation alternatives.
- Provide NYMTC feedback for the next Regional Transportation Plan on a regional planning vision for Shared Mobility including definition, elements and issues.