Energy Code: Residential
In an era of improved code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects. Attend one of our pilot courses for a first look at the new energy code and to understand what it means for your daily work.
Each course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of the green building industry. Learn how to conquer the energy code from these expert designers of commercial, institutional, industrial, single-family and/or multi-family buildings that exceed energy code requirements.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Conquer the Code starts with the basics of energy code design and construction requirements, teaches the breadth of the residential/commercial provisions and ends with clarification of the documentation and inspection processes.
The course covers:
- All mandatory prescriptive requirements and the context behind these provisions
- How to navigate the code and find relevant information
- How to evaluate and select the right compliance path for various projects
- What documentation is needed to show compliance
- What to expect at progress inspections
- How to improve design team communication to reduce barriers to compliance
The class is not intended for people who want to learn energy modeling or how to use COMcheck or REScheck, but will teach you the prescriptive requirements that underlie those programs.
- $75 course fee includes a course manual.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of the 2015 IECC code book.
- View full course outline and a list of upcoming courses on our Conquering the Energy Code page.
Register by clicking here
Advance registration is required for this course—we cannot accept walk-ins and apologize for any inconvenience.
Requests to change course dates must be placed at least one week in advance of the scheduled class by emailing email@example.com. If participants cannot attend their scheduled course date due to an emergency, they are asked to call 212-514-9385 x126 as soon as possible. Note that any requests for refund will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Hauppauge, NY 11788