A direct result of the need to properly apply project management is the growing demand for project managers with proven credentials. Administered by the Project Management Institute, PMI®, the PMP® Certification exam is intended to provide Project Management Professionals with a credential that attests to their familiarity with standardized, formal and successful project management processes. More and more companies are requiring newly hired project managers, and even their existing project management staff to obtain their PMP certification, as a way of helping ensure their project management staff has these desired capabilities.
This course prepares participants for taking the PMP Certification exam via a focused approach on what you need to know and do in order to pass the PMP exam, rather than what you need to know and do to be an effective project manager. Once completed, those involved with the PMP program are awarded 24 PDUs or training hours, towards the 35 “contact” hours needed to sit for the examination. (Global R.E.P. number is 1270)
Register online by clicking here.
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- General Project Management and PMP Issues
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resources Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Professional Responsibility
- General Test Taking Tips
Instructional methods for this three day module are lecture, discussion, individual and team exercises, sample test questions, simulations, workshops and references to the PMI ® Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
It is recommended that all course participants read the PMBOK and apply for and receive approval from the PMI to take the PMP certification exam, PRIOR to attending this course. Further, it is strongly recommended that participants plan to sit for the PMP certification exam no more than two months after attending this course.
Upon completion of this Project Management Professional - Certified Associate in Project Management Exam Prepcourse, each participant will be able to:
- Understand the test taking process and manage their test taking experience to maximize their test scores
- Answer questions from any of the 10 Knowledge Areas
- Answer Professional Responsibility questions
- Understand the Five Process Groups and how the many project management processes fit within them
- Identify knowledge shortfalls to facilitate individual course to follow on test preparation efforts
- Confidently sit for the PMP Certification Exam
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the 2010 PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.
Dates & Times
- Three 8-hour days
- December 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
150 Motor Parkway
Hauppauge, NY 11788