USGBC-LI has a calendar full of events that reflect the mission and current goals of the Chapter by educating and connecting our membership. By sponsoring events, corporations can promote themselves among a vast group or a targeted audience.
Types of Events: USGBC-LI has a wide variety of events to choose from as highlighted below.
- The Green Scene: Long Island’s most popular “green” networking event and Membership meeting. This monthly meet and greet attracts individuals from many different industries who share a common interest in healthy and sustainable environments. It provides information on the chapter, its committees, events and initiatives. This event also members to share ideas with each other and with committee chairs and board members.
- Evening Seminars: Educational programs that often include a panel discussion, multi-media presentation, networking and dinner.
- LEED Prepatory Course: Prepares professionals for the rigors of the various LEED Green Assocaite and LEED AP Specialty Exams.
- Annual USGBC-LI Building Green Long Island Gala: The USGBC-LI Chapter's largest annual event is attended by many influential green industry professionals, representatives from Suffolk and Nassau County governement, PSEG Long Island, and active green building construction supporters like E.W. Howell Construction Group, Axis Construction Corporation, and TD Bank.
- USGBC-LI Golf Outing: Spend the day relaxing with Long Island's leaders in sustainability and green construction at Huntington Country Club.
For further information, please contact Jean-Marie Buonomo at Jbuonomo@usgbc-li.org.