The July 2017 quarterly LEED rating system and reference guide addenda is now available.
To view the changes:
- Visit the addenda database and search for 7/7/2017.
- Visit the credit library and select the "Interpretation” tab within each credit.
- Download the reference guide tables.
Six new interpretations were published (LI 10460–10465).
- LEED interpretation 10460 provides clarifications for chiller unit capacity calculations for centrifugal chillers.
- LEED interpretation 10461 provides guidance on outdoor airflow monitor requirements for small systems.
- LEED interpretation 10462 provides clarifications on receptacle control requirements and exemptions.
- LEED interpretation 10463 provides clarifications on complete lighting system requirements for tenant spaces.
- LEED interpretation 10464 provides guidance on equipment sizing requirements for homes and midrise projects.
- LEED interpretation 10465 provides clarification for compartmentalization thresholds in small units.
Corrections were released for the LEED v4 for Building Design and Construction and LEED v4 for Interior Design and Construction reference guides to clarify guidance on Structure and Enclosure materials in all Materials and Resources Building Product Disclosure and Optimization credits.
Corrections were released for the LEED v4 for Homes Design and Construction reference guide to reflect and align with recently updated Energy Star for Homes requirements.
Corrections were released for the LEED v4 for Building Design and Construction and LEED v4 for Building Operations and Maintenance reference guides to clarify guidance for group and campus projects.
To see all corrections, download the reference guide tables.
Pilot credit updates
The following pilot credits were added to the pilot credit library this quarter:
- EQpc116: Daylight in nonregularly occupied spaces, published 5/1/2017
- EQpc117: Quality views in nonregularly occupied spaces, published 5/1/2017
- EApc118: Residential energy submetering and real-time usage data, published 5/1/2017
- EQpc119: Performance-based indoor air assessment, published 5/25/2017
- EApc120: District energy, published 6/19/2017
Courses to watch on Education@USGBC
View courses to grow your LEED, green building and sustainability knowledge.
- LEED for Homes Documentation Tips
- Everblue Presents: Getting N2 ND—LEED Neighborhood Development
- LEED v4 and the Irrigation Industry: Opportunities for Success