Canon’s commitment to the environment is far reaching, and no more so than when designing the new Canon Americas headquarters building, which is the largest commercial LEED Gold building on Long Island. Many years in the planning and execution, Canon completed the project and opened Canon Americas Headquarters in February 2013.
LEED features of the Canon Americas headquarters building include:
- Daylight harvesting found in over 75% of regularly occupied spaces
- Nearly 60% of the natural site of native and adapted plant species have been restored, creating ecosystems that require minimal irrigation
- Garages include 90 parking spaces designated for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles, charging stations for 12 plug-in electric vehicles, and throughout the facility, 236 bicycle storage spaces
- Water efficient plumbing fixtures reduce water consumption by 35%
- Based on total materials costs, 40% of materials used are recycled and approximately 30% of materials are sourced regional material
- Please enter at the main entrance from Walt Whitman Road
- At the guard booth, a government issues photo ID is mandatory. No one will be admitted to the Canon campus without an ID
- Visitor parking is on either side of the front entrance
- There will be an unattended coat check area
- Canon is a tobacco free campus
- Please note that "walk-ins" will not be admitted. Only those that pre-register will be admitted on campus.
One Canon Park
Melville, NY 11747