Farmingdale State College Farmingdale President John S. Nader, County Executives Steve Bellone and Laura Curran, NYSDOT LI Regional Director Joseph Brown, and LIRR President Phil Eng will join other Long Island leaders in kicking off Long Island Mobility Week (Sept 16-22) and encouraging Long Islanders to leave their cars at home for the 6th Annual Car Free Day Long Island on Friday, September 21, 2018. The Kickoff’s speakers and exhibitors will discuss and the impact of single-occupancy vehicles on our health, economy and environment and more sustainable transportation choices, and the planned island-wide activities and events during Long Island Mobility Week.
Who: LI Mobility Week and Car Free Day Long Island www.carfreedayli.com planning committee members, leadership of participating organizations, sponsors, and Farmingdale State College students and faculty.
What: The kickoff of Long Island Mobility Week, a series of activities and events by Long Island municipalities and organizations, including Car Free Day Long Island, informing about sustainable transportation.
The kickoff will feature speakers and exhibitors and Car Free Day LI Municipal Challenge Awards.
When: 10:30am, Monday, September 17. The program will begin at 11:15 pm.
Where: Farmingdale State College, Campus Center
- Dr. John S. Nader – President Farmingdale State College
- Steve Bellone – Suffolk County Executive (invited)
- Laura Curran – Nassau County Executive (invited)
- Joe Brown – NYS DOT Regional Director (invited)
- Phil Eng – President, MTA Long Island Rail Road
- Jack Khzouz, CEO, NICE Bus
- Darnell Tyson – Deputy Commissioner Suffolk County DPW
- Dr. William Lowe - Director of Employee Health Services – Northwell Health
- Paul Spreer – 511NY Rideshare
- Jane Fasullo – Sierra Club
- Sammy Chu – Chairman, US Green Building Council – LI Chapter
- Nick Palumbo – Co-Chair USGBC-LI Sustainable Transportation Committee
- Chad Lupinacci – Supervisor, Town of Huntington (invited)
- Terence McSweeney - Councilman, Town of Babylon
- Michael Lavorata - Mayor, Village of Lindenhurst (invited)
- Eric Alexander - Executive Director, Vision LI
About Long Island Mobility Week
Organized by the Sustainable Transportation Committee of the US Green Building Council in partnership with Car Free Day Long Island, Long Island Mobility Week (Sept 16-22) is a series of activities and events by Long Island municipalities and organizations informing about sustainable transportation. Long Island Mobility Week is an opportunity to take stock of current mobility challenges and progress toward more sustainable options.
Click here for details: http://carfreedayli.com/files/li-mobility-week.pdf
About Car Free Day Long Island:
Car Free Day is an international event celebrated every September in over 2,500 cities and over 50 countries around the world. Long Island will observe the 6th Annual Car Free Day LI on Friday, September 21, 2018. On Car Free Day, people are encouraged to get around without cars and instead ride transit, carpool, bike, walk, or telecommute. Car Free Day gives people the opportunity to reflect on the negative impact of single-occupancy vehicles and to use alternatives that help reduce traffic and harmful emissions, conserve energy and reduce parking problems. Participants are also eligible to win raffle prizes by completing the pledge form online at www.carfreedayli.com.